Eagles Valued at $1.2 Billion, Among 10 Most Valuable Sports Teams
Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots, New York Knicks, New York Rangers, Philadelphia Eagles, and New York Yankees are among the 10 most valuable investments in US sports teams, according to Forbes.
Over the past 14 years, the average value of an NFL team has increased 284%, to 1.11 billion. MLB teams are up 212%, to $605 million. NBA teams are worth an average of $509 million, 205% higher. And NHL teams have climbed 126%, to an average of $282 million.
The owners of these teams have the most equity and also wield the greatest financial clout among their peers. Apart from the profit they make, the equity in a team can be the means to even greater wealth. Owners can also borrow against the value of their sports teams.
Here’s a list of some of the owners of most valuable sports teams, along with the teams and their value, according to Forbes:
1. Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys): $1.83 billion
2. Kraft Family (New England Patriots): $1.37 billion
3. Dolan Family (New York Knicks and New York Rangers): $1.28 billion
4. Jeffrey Lurie (Philadelphia Eagles): $1.16 billion
7. Steinbrenner Family (New York Yankees): $1.09 billion
Read the original article here.